My wife and I were invited to a BBQ this weekend. We decided we were going to have rotisserie chicken for dinner. My friend hadn’t used the rotisserie attachment on his barbeque before so he was exited to see the results. In the end the chicken turned out great! It was moist and juicy and the skin tasted amazing. I was so happy with the chicken and I just got my new Sony T100 camera that I had to take a picture.
I asked him what recipe he used and I couldn’t believe such a great tasting chicken could be so simple, but here it is.
- 1 whole chicken, approx 3lbs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Season the inside of the chicken with a pinch of salt. Place the chicken onto a rotisserie and set the grill on high. Cook for 10 minutes. (NOTE: If your rotisserie doesn’t hold the legs in you might want to tie them up with some wet string.)
- Mix together the butter, 1 teaspoon of salt, paprika and pepper. Turn the grill down to medium and baste the chicken with the butter mixture. Close the lid and cook for 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally, until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (83 degrees C).
- Remove from the rotisserie and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.