October means it’s pumpkin season and seeing how Monday was Thanksgiving in Canada I tried to make a spicy Thai pumpkin soup that I had tried in a restaurant in Toronto.
I read a lot of recipes and in the end made my own recipe taking a little from here and there. I was very pleased with it. Not too spicy and full of autumn flavour.
A couple of things I would change is use fresh pumpkin and add one chili pepper.
Spicy Thai Pumpkin Soup
- 500ml Lite Coconut Milk
- 500ml Vegetable Broth – I used a broth cube in 500ml of water
- 1 can of Pumpkin – Do NOT use the pie filler pumpkin
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Curry Paste
- 2 Green Onions – Diced
- Lime Zest
- Juice of a Lime
- Bring the coconut milk and broth up to boil and then add all the ingredients.
- Use a hand blender to pure it all and serve.
It’s pretty simple. Give it a try this fall while the pumpkins are in season, you won’t regret it.